Sunday 27 February 2011

Unravel







This weekend Farnham Maltings held their annual knitting festival 'Unravel' for everything knitted - traditional/vintage/eccentric/designer/seriously weird. The event included exhibits, a 'best in show', fashion shows, talks, workshops, sellers and sheep... Since I made Loop as one of my final year projects I thought it would be worth a visit. I couldn't get over the effort put in to this event, everywhere you looked was some random knitted item, from hanging baskets and birds in the trees outside to cakes and sandwiches in the cafe. In the new designers section I was particularly impressed by the the work of textile designer Deryn Relph who's beautiful knitted lampshades illuminated the foyer. The knitted motorbike and wedding cake were just a couple of the crazy knitted items spotted around the building. I definitely came away feeling inspired to make Loop #2...

(source: Deryn Relph, Katie Corbin)

No comments: